Downtown Buffalo has rich and diverse demographic information. Buffalo has a skilled workforce of more than 58,000 and offers 3.2 million square feet of Class A office space as well as an array of amenities and resources. Downtown Buffalo truly is the center of the Western New York region. For more detailed information about Downtown Buffalo Demographics, see the Award-Winning Queen City Hub Plan.
Downtown Buffalo - Is the center of Buffalo Niagara region which is home to more than 1.17 million people. - Has a skilled workforce of more than 58,000 workers.
For a copy of the 2008 Buffalo Place Inc. Pedestrian Study - click here.
- Features more than 3.2 million square feet of Class A office space, which rents for between $19.00 - $33.00 a foot.
- There is an additional 3.1 million square feet of Class B office space renting for between $14.00 - $17.00.
- Class B office space is available in a variety of formats from new loft offices to buildings on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Is home to more than 1,100 businesses.
- Is situated along a major North American fiber optic network making its location ideal for high tech / computer companies.
- Is within 15 minutes of the Buffalo Niagara International Airport, which has more than 100 flights daily.
- Features an Amtrak station that serves three passenger routes.
- Accommodates more than 42,000 passenger vehicles daily on two expressways.
- Is the hub of the local transit network. Serviced by 34 bus routes and a light rail line, 22,000 passengers are transported each day.
- Features more than 18,000 commercial parking spaces with an average monthly rental cost of $63.
- Home to more than 8,300 people living in a wide variety of housing stock. With residents in waterfront condos, loft apartments, single-family homes and traditional apartment buildings.
- Has a population of more than 120,000 residents within three miles.
- Is experiencing a significant growth in the demand and supply of housing within the Downtown core.
- Home to the city campus of Erie Community College which has 2,400 students enrolled.
- Is a short transit ride from the more than 40,000 students attending local colleges and universities.
- Is home to 8 live theaters, a cinema, galleries and significant architectural sites.
- Is reconstructing the historic terminus of the Erie Canal creating a significant regional and national tourism destination.
- Has more than 1,500 hotel rooms within a ten minute walk of the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center.
- Attracts 7 million visitors annually to sporting events, festivals, concerts, theatres and tradeshows.
- Features more than 60 restaurants and bars, catering to all culinary tastes.
- Home to more than 50 retail stores, including a significant concentration of upscale retail jewelers.
- In 2006, New Era Cap Company moved their corporate headquarters into the former Federal Reserve Bank building on Delaware Avenue. Investing $15 million to transform the building to accommodate their 285 employees is a positive sign for Downtown Buffalo. The building also houses a beautiful retail store showcasing more than 100 of their most popular caps.